Friday, May 8, 2009

My latest PROJECT!

Okay, last month I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to make a little canvas toy car mat for Derek (and the other kids). I'm actually surprised I haven't made one already because Derek has been obsessed with toy cars ever since he was born!

I had a lot of fun making it. Kevin designed the airport and baseball field and Brooklyn and Derek helped me color some of it too. We had a lot of fun, but since it took me about a month to make, I told the kids they NEED to play with it every single day now! ;-)

6 comments:

Moose and Family said...

WOW!! That's is really creative. We bought the $15 one from IKEA. So much fun!!

Tori Bennett said...

Great Job! My Mom made one for us (ok, mostly my brother) when we were kids. It is still in great condition and she pulls it out for the grandkids.

You are awesome

Amy said...

That is amazing! You need to put a tutorial on how you did that. I'm so impressed. You are way patient, too. I don't think I've ever done a project that took that long, I would either have it done fast and it would be crappy, or I wouldn't bother, so you are awesome!

kelly said...

You have the very most important things on the mat...Wal-mart...McDonalds. You are awesome. It looks very professional.

Banks Family said...

I cannot see how we are related..J/K
I could never do that. I want to bring a car over and play on it. It looks like a lot of fun.

heather peck said...

wow! i am totally impressed! you did an excellent job, looks so professional~