Monday, January 11, 2010

A Little Fun Family Trip

On the last weekend before Christmas, Kev and I decided to take our kids on a little surprise family outing. We had so much fun. After school, I told the kids to pack an overnight bag. I drove the kids into Salt Lake City and pulled into the Red Lion Hotel. They were so excited! We checked in and hung out in our room for a bit. After Kev got off work, he met us over there.

We then took the kids to dinner at Leatherby's (their choice). Which, by the way, I don't think we'll ever go to again. Decent food and ice cream, but way overpriced and not a very nice atmosphere. I doubt they will be in business much longer. The kids LOVED it though.

After dinner, we headed over to the The Gateway movie theater and saw The Princess and the Frog. Very cute. Then we went back to the hotel and settled in for the night.

We had so much fun. It was nice to get away and go on a little trip and the kids had so much fun!

At the Movie Theater (not a very good picture, I know)

In the hotel room...

Brooke and Derek pretending to be asleep...

2 comments:

Marcie said...

So fun!! Those kind of trips are what go down in history! I am sure they loved it!

Moose and Family said...

Sounds fun!! We went to Leatherby's for the first time this year and had a similar experience. I surely WON'T be going back!