We had a fun time celebrating Brooklyn's birthday! Because her birthday was on a Sunday, we celebrated a little bit on Saturday as well. One of the main things she wanted to do for her birthday was get her ears pierced! She's been talking about it for several months and I told her she could do it for her birthday! She was so excited!
Kev had been teasing her about it for several weeks just to "make sure" she really wanted to get her ears pierced. He told her, "It's just like going to the doctor to get a shot, but the shot goes all the way through!" All of his antics didn't seem to phase her, however.
So, on Saturday morning we drove down to the mall and went to Claire's to get them done. Her brothers (and dad!) were very nervous for her, but she didn't seem nervous at all! Brooklyn's cousins, Erika and Darci even came out to see the big event. It was fun.
Before we left for the mall...
On Saturday night, Kev and I took her out to dinner at Red Robin. It was nice.
On Sunday morning, I let her open one present before church...a new dress.
After church, she opened the rest of her presents...
That night, we went up to my parent's house and sang Happy Birthday to her and Benjamin (whose birthday is 3 days after hers).
I told Brooklyn that she is done having birthdays now...I don't want her to get any older...especially not TWO digits old!
2 comments:
Happy birthday Brooklyn! What a cute cake!
She is so big and grown up and absolutely darling! And brave getting her ears pierced, it doesn't look like she shed even one tear.
Post a Comment