Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Derek's last day of kindergarten!

Derek's last day of kindergarten was July 2nd.  The parents came to the last half of the day for the "Unusual Animal Day," and for a little graduation program.  It was fun, but I decided that I don't like my kids getting older.  It is sad for me to see him moving on from kindergarten...he seems like such a big boy now (sigh).  I have also really enjoyed him home with me in the mornings (he had afternoon kindergarten).  It was nice to have some quality "Mom and Derek" time.  I miss it. ;-(

Anyway, his graduation day was fun.  The kids each made and displayed an "unusual animal" and answered questions about them.  Derek made a Koala Bear and was quite proud of it!  The kids also did a cute little program and then they were each presented their diplomas and an award.  Derek received the "Good Behavior" award.  Yay!

Derek's kindergarten class singing a song...

with his good friend, Jacob and his koala bear...

with his kindergarten diploma...

with his teacher Mrs. Johnson...

No comments: