Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot

On Thanksgiving Day, my sister Holly and I ran a 10k (6.2 miles) at the local Rec Center in Bountiful.  It was so much fun.  However, the temperature was forecast to be around -2 degrees!!!!  Auughhh!  I freaked out a little (a lot) when I heard that.  I bought and borrowed a ton of cold weather gear.  On the morning of the race it was probably around 10 degrees (I was relieved a little, but not much). 

Our little family slept at my parent's house the night before.  As I was leaving for the race with my sister, I told my mom and cute husband, "If I don't make it home (because I freeze to death) remember I love you all!" 

Well, the race was awesome and surprisingly, I got HOT!  I took off my coat shortly after we started and probably would have taken more off if I could have.  I ran it in 56:54 and my speedy sister ran it in 49:44 (she came in 3rd for our age division).  I was hoping to run it under a 9 minute mile, but I just missed it.  Dang.

My sissy, Holly just about to finish
Me, rounding the corner to the finish line
After the race...all bundled up.  I bought this sexy face mask thingy the night before the race!
Showing how cold it was!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You look like a ninja in your winter running gear! And you guys don't look old at all. You look the exact same as you did 6 years ago. Except with two more kids. Which might make you feel old, but you certainly don't look it!