Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy 10th Birthday Brooklyn!!

On March 14th, Brooklyn turned 10!!!  I can't believe she is two digits old now!  I don't do well with this whole "kids getting old" thing.  I'm too sentimental...sigh....sniff, sniff.

Anyway, on March 10th, we had a friend birthday party for her.  She was so excited!  She was planning for months.  She definitely wanted to go swimming and she wanted a tiered birthday cake.

So, all of her little friends came over and we had a great night.  We had pizza, went swimming at the Rec Center, and then came back to the house for cake, ice cream, and presents.  It was a fun night.

Some of the "crew" enjoying pizza
More pizza...
Brooklyn really wanted a tiered birthday cake and she designed it exactly how she wanted it.  I didn't have enough time to do it justice though.  I had to hurry and finish it up as all the kids were showing up to the party.  Next time, I need to remember to allow 5 hours!  Seriously.
Brookie and her cake
Getting ready to sing
Enjoying cake and ice cream...and round two of pizza
The gang

On March 14th, her actual birthday, we sang and had cake again and let her open the presents from us.  She got clothes and jewelry, her favorite.

Birthday cake #2
With her new clothes and jewelry.  She's wearing some of the things she got too.

1 comment:

kelly said...

This cake looks like a lot of work and so creative. You are awesome! Happy late birthday Brooklyn. See you soon!