We are doing well and enjoying our new home base in Riverton, UT. We're enjoying our new ward and neighborhood and the kids have enjoyed making new friends. However, we hope all the moves and changes are done for a while and wish to remain "status quo" for a LONG time!
Here's a quick update of the past month of our lives...
TEMPLE SQUARE
Last month, our friends from Rhode Island, Andrew and Amber Wild came to visit. We really enjoyed spending time with them. We drove down to Temple Square (where Amber served her mission) and enjoyed walking around the grounds and seeing the Joseph Smith Movie. I love that movie!
The kids at the top of the Joseph Smtih Memorial Building. They look so GIANT to me! ...sigh.
Our friends, Amber and Andrew, in front of the temple.
Kev and the kids at the reflecting pond in front of the temple. 
Kev and Benjamin--so cute. They actually look a lot alike, but Ben's a little chubbier. :-)
Brooklyn and Ben...they have a mutual adoration for each other. She is his second mother. 
SWEET BEN
Benjamin asleep in his crib. He LOVES his little doggie blanket thing. He is a big snuggler. I love it.
Benjamin asleep in his crib. He LOVES his little doggie blanket thing. He is a big snuggler. I love it.
Benjamin is becoming a good little "sitter". This is a good picture of his jowls...I mean cheeks.
FAMILY TEMPLE TRIP
A couple of weeks ago, Kev and I decided to take the kids to see all of the temples near our home. We realized that when we were living back east, we had ONE temple that was almost an hour away. We have so many temples near us now (especially with 2 currently being built close to our home) and we wanted the kids to realize how neat that was. So anyway, we drove around to several of the temples, had a picnic lunch, took pictures, sang songs, and had good chats with the kids. It was memorable.
The Oquirrh Mountain Temple (scheduled to be completed next year)
The Jordan River Temple
The Mount Timpanogos Temple
The Draper Utah Temple (should be completed this year)Well that is the latest! I hope to keep this updated! Yay!
13 comments:
Yaaaay! I get to be the first to comment on how adorable and sweet your family is! I love you! Hopefully I'll see you tonight(Gracie is especially excited to see Brooklyn again!)
I am so glad that you guys started a blog!!! The trip you guys took with your kids to go see all the temples in your area is a wonderful idea! I think Jared and I are going to have to steal it. I can't believe how big all of your kids are! Ben is so cute!!! We love you guys and miss you!
Hi Melanie! Congrats on blogging. It is so much fun. Mine is thelittlefigs.blogspot.com. Your baby is darling and I'm glad you are enjoying your new home!
Melanie, I love seeing pictures of your beautiful family. We sure miss you.
Mel! It's so cute. Love it! I'm excited to see you tonight... yay!
Hey Mel! It's so good to see how well you are all doing. I miss our Rhode Island days and can't believe how much time has past. Your kids are so beautiful and big now. It's amazing. You're so awesome to start blogging, I am so not there yet. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Jeff and Amy
hi melanie!! love your blog, you did a great job for your first posting! we have one at peckkeiki.blogspot.com. if you want to check it out! welcome to the blogging world!
I've been checking your blog everyday hoping you were up and running!! I'm excited to see what's up at your house more often now!!! It looks great btw!!! I'll update ours soon ...
Love ya'll!!
Wren
Welcome to the blogging world. I'm so excited you've started one. Even though we see you every week, it's fun to hear about the everyday stuff that happens. The temple pictures are great!
I love the "temple trip" idea. You missed the Boston Temple! Your family is lovely. I hope we get to meet little Ben before he loses those cute cheeks. Thanks for sharing! We miss you.
Gary and Susan
Yeah! And can I say it's about time! I will add you to my list of blogs to check.
Great idea on the temple trips. We will have to try that too.
Take Care
Tori
Hey Melanie! Welcome to the blogging world! Your blog is cute! I LOVE your title! Keep the posts coming!
Post a Comment