Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Saga Continues...

I thought I would give you all a quick update on my spider escapade. Well after I saw the Black Widow, I thought I would go out the next day to check to see if it was gone. When I had sprayed it with the spider spray, it crawled away up into the rock on our house so I wasn't SURE it was dead and I wanted to be SURE. Well, when I went out there, there she was...still sitting there on her web! AUUUGHHH! So, this time I took pictures and I made sure I killed it.
So, here are a couple of pictures. The one taken furthur away was when she was alive and the close up one was after she was dead. After she died, I took a stick (yes I did) and moved it over so I could take a picture of the hourglass.

Oh--and in case any of you want to know, I bought Kevin a big bottle of house spider killer stuff and he's going to spray our house this weekend. Yay.

Warning...the following images may be disturbing for some viewers....
AUGGHHH!!!!

6 comments:

heather peck said...

YIKES!!! This is as close as I ever want to be to one of those!!

Ali said...

that is the ugliest thing i've ever seen Mel! You are so brave

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

It really WAS a black widow!!!

moodymadness said...

I feel for ya, Mel! Have you seen our post about our black widow? I hate spiders!

Danielle said...

oh my goodness...scary!! I would have freaked out!! Anyway, I am so glad that you are blogging. check out my blog...www.liamryanwaters.blogspot.com sometime!!

danielle

Sonda said...

What a woman!! We had one in our garage a few years ago. I sprayed it dead, but made Dave get rid of it. I'm way too squeamish. You're my idol!