Speaking of Christmas trees--Kev and I have had an ongoing debate about real/fake Christmas trees for years. I have really wanted a fake (pre-lit) tree and Kev loves real trees. I love real trees too, especially the smell, but I hate having to water it all the time, the pine needles all over the floor, and having to take forever putting a bazillion lights on it. I also would like to put up the tree earlier and leave it up later, but it dies too fast. I usually take it down the day after Christmas.
Well, Kev said that if we get a fake tree, we might as well do away with presents too. He loves the whole process of getting the tree, bringing it home, and decorating it. So, our compromise is that he has to put all the lights on it! He always does a great job and I remind him every year that if we had a fake (pre-lit) tree, he wouldn't have to do that! For now he seems okay with it.
Last night, I suggested we get a fake tree as our big tree and a small real tree for the nostalgia and smell. He didn't seem to like that idea either--he said I was like the camel putting his nose in the tent. If you're not familiar with that story, here's a link... http://camelphotos.com/tales_nose.html
Anyway, here's a picture...
1 comment:
Okay, here is a suggestion on the tree- men react better to the money saving aspect-- Tell him that you will make up the cost of Christmas trees in 2 years. Think of all the money you will save over the years!
If that doesn't do it, he is a hopeless, Christmas spirit, die hard and you are just out of luck!
Your tree is beautiful. Tell Kevin he can come put the lights on my fake tree anytime. Tomorrow would be good for me.;)
Post a Comment