Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Derek!

On September 17th, Derek turned 7!  He is getting so big!  He had a very fun birthday, but I had a CRAZY day!  This is how I felt...
At the end of the day, when I finally had a chance to breathe, I jotted down all that I had accomplished that day and was amazed by how crazy it was!

I know this is just so exciting, but just for kicks, here was my schedule...

7:30-8:30  Get up, help get kids ready, make lunches and take kids to school. 
8:30-10:00  Get myself and Ben and Jake ready, tidy up the house and eat breakfast (this was the calmest part of the day)
10:00-11:00  Go Visiting Teaching
11:00-11:45  Run to Walmart
11:45-12:15  Run to Dance Store to get dance clothing for Brooklyn
12:15  Receive call from Realtor saying that someone wanted to come see our house in 2 hours! (yes, our house is for sale)
**Freak out a little
12:15-1:00  Cruise home, madly clean the house, feebly try to nurse the baby and make a quick lunch for Ben.
1:00-1:45  Run to Derek's classroom (because it was his birthday) with a poster of him and treats for the class. 
1:45-2:15  Pick up the kids from school, rush home and madly try to finish cleaning the house with the kids "help".
2:15-3:00  Go to Baskin Robbins with the kids (needed a place to go while the Realtor showed our house and it was Derek's birthday too)
3:00-3:45  Run over to the church to quickly do the project I signed up to do for "Fabulous Friday".  Very fun.
3:45-4:00  Run Brooklyn to dance class
4:00-4:30  Run home to get Tyler ready for an overnight scout camp out.
**Received another message that someone else wanted to see our house in a couple hours.  Cleaned up existing messes and threatened the kids to not make any more messes.
4:30-5:30  Picked up Brooklyn from Dance Class and headed to Boondocks with the kids for Derek's birthday
5:30-8:00  Enjoyed the night at Boondocks, however Kevin was at the camp over-nighter with Tyler, so I was a single parent.  It all worked out though.
8:00-8:30 Grabbed a Redbox and Taco Bell for the kids.
9:00  Got home and talked to my parents on the phone (which was very nice) because it was my dad's birthday too!

**Sat down to feed the baby and realized how TIRED I was!  Holy cow!

Here are some pictures from the day:

 Derek with the poster he brought to school
Brooklyn and Derek getting ready to drive the cars at Boondocks...I'm lovin' Brooklyn's funny face.
Derek, driving...I was very happy (and surprised) that he was such a careful and cautious (i.e. slow) driver!
Brooklyn, driving...she was a fearless speed demon
Brooklyn and Derek on the boats...they enjoyed shooting people with their water gun.  They also got "shot" quite a bit by the other boats and by their mom shooting the water gun from the sidelines.
The kids waiting in line (soaking wet) to go on the boats AGAIN!
The kids on the last hole of the miniature golf course...I didn't realize that as their ball went in the hole, the statue guy shot a stream of water out at them.  Sadly, the stream of water hit Jacob SQUARE in the face as he sat innocently in his stroller.  It was sad, and he wasn't too happy about it. ;-)
Benjamin LOVED the Whac-a-Mole!

1 comment:

The Leishman Family said...

The life of a Mom...Holy Smokes!! Haha, so have you guys gotten offers/ sold the house?