On August 31, Derek got his tonsils and adenoids out. He had had constant congestion and plenty of sinus infections over the past couple of years. I finally took him to an ENT doctor and he suggested the surgery. So, Derek went to Primary Children's Hospital in SLC and had it done.
Everything went really well. Derek recovered so quickly and didn't even want to take his pain medication! I made him take it for at least a couple days and then just gave him Tylenol. The surgery helped him so much and he can breath so much better! Yay! He missed a week of school, which was a little hard because it was at the very beginning of the school year, but he didn't mind.
 |
| Just before surgery, wearing his stylin' hospital outfit, booties, and bracelet. |
 |
| Just after surgery, drinking a grape slushy drink. He was SO out of it! |
 |
| At the ENT doctor's office at his 3 week check up! |
3 comments:
Henry had his tonsils and adnoids out when he was 2 1/2. Up until then he didn't talk very well and we just figured he was delayed. Within a month of getting them out, I kid you not, we could understand all of his sentences and he started using new words left and right. It seems that he was so blocked up that it was affecting his hearing, and so his mushy language was just him repeating back what he thought we were saying. Crazy.
What a trooper! I had mine out when I was 12, had all the same sinus issues as Derek. My voice changed a little after the surgery, did Derek's? Glad it all went well!
Hi, mom.
Post a Comment