Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Melanie loves Paul!

Holy COW, it's been a long time since I've been able to update this blog!  Hopefully, over the next few days I will get this up to date.  I have a TON of things to put on here.  So, here it goes...

On Tuesday, July 13th, Kev and I were able to do something that I have wanted to do my whole entire life!!!!  We went to a Paul McCartney concert!!!!!!!  I have always wanted to see him in concert; in fact I told Kev it really was the one concert I HAD to see sometime in my life.

When I first heard Paul was coming to Utah (the first time he ever performed here!), I was so disappointed  because I knew I had a newborn baby (3 months) and didn't know how in the world I would be able to go.  However, my wonderful sister Holly called me one day and said a teacher at her school had extra tickets that she wanted to sell and Holly said she would come out to my house and watch our kids so we could go!  I was floored and so so so excited!!!!

I have loved Paul and the Beatles since I was about 13.  I bought almost all of their tapes and listened to them all the time, watched Beatles movies, checked out Beatles books from the library and Beatles posters adorned my room.  In fact, when I was younger, I even wanted to marry Paul (although he is almost the same age as my parents!)  When I got to the concert, I was disappointed to see all of the other female fans who felt the same way.  I definitely felt like one in a sea of many.  My little childhood infatuation was quickly crushed.  It was a sad reality...(sigh).

However, the concert was so so so amazing and I was so happy to be there!!!  I just tried to soak it all in.  It was surreal to listen to him perform and to sing along WITH HIM to some of his songs.  I loved it so much.  I didn't want it to end.  I told Kev that if he comes again, I want to go again!

Me and Paul
Sir Paul
 Here are some clips from the concert.  The quality isn't too good because it's from my digital camera, but here they are anyway...

Let It Be...

 Hey Jude...
 

Yesterday...

No comments: